The Double Standards Of The Catholic Church

I didn't think much could surprise me when it comes to peoples audacious actions and opinions then I came across an article on the Independent online which just made me soo angry!

The article was about a 9 year old Brazilian girl who was repeatedly raped by her stepfather; on top of this the poor girl fell pregnant with his twins. What is outraging about the story is that the Catholic Church are ex-communicating the child’s mother and doctor who supported and carried out the termination of the young girl's pregnancy, yet the paedophile rapist of a stepfather who is in police custody has been spared the church's judgement!

According to the church rep "the real problem is that the twins conceived were two innocent persons. Life must always be protected", that’s the real problem?! - Just gloss over the fact that a 9 year old girl has not just been sexually abused, it was by her parent who she would have trusted; not only is she likely to develop trust issues she also had to go through the trauma of having an abortion and now on top of that her faith is rejecting her....

This story makes me soo mad I can't even express my anger!

While I know to expect this sexist bakwards way of thinking from the Catholic Church, it is misogynistic that the church would recognise abortions as an unforgivable act of murder when it's a female only "crime".

Uuuurgh!

Read article: Brazil rocked by abortion for 9 year old rape victim, independent.co.uk 

Comments

Popular Posts